Monday, March 28, 2011

The Ginger Curse

I’ve always been a natural redhead, but not until my older years did I really start appreciating and embracing my unique features.  So of course, when I started to take make-up seriously, my first question was – what colors suit me?  Unfortunately, every single cosmetics “expert” seems to think the only colors I can wear are tan, copper, and every other shade of brown under the sun.  Well, that’s great and all, but I need color in my life. 

I will admit, browns do look the most natural on me, but after extensive research I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I can wear whatever color I want… except pink.  This is a shame because I really do love the color pink.  But what can ya do?   

Look at all the famous redheaded celebs NOT wearing brown!  This inspired me to do my own look, so let me know what you think!!









Products I used:
NARS primer with SPF 20
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Physician’s Formula Powder Finish Concealer Stick “Cover Green”
MAC mineralize Foundation SPF 15 “NC15”
Bobbi Brown Creamy concealer “Ivory”
NARS blush “Deep Throat”
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish “Light”
Naked Palette – “Naked” (eyebrow)
Naked Palette – “Gunmetal” (eyelid)
Naked Palette – “Virgin” (highlight)
ELF liquid liner (black)
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara “Blackest Black”
Yes to Carrots Lip Butter “Berry”
MAC lip pencil – “Brick”
MAC Lipstick – “Dubonnet”

I also found this really helpful article in the L.A. Times about redheads - check it out!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2461744/sophies-law-insights-on-outer-beauty?claim=a868yxhgtun">Follow my blog with bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment