Friday, March 25, 2011

Rants & Raves - Target Style

Happy Friday loves!!!  I am so excited for the weekend and to celebrate, I went out and bought a couple things from Target which I thought I'd tell you about! Firstly, my Bobbi Brown concealer is on it's last leg and because I was never a huge fan of it from the beginning, I thought I'd try something else.  Now, the funny thing is, when I first really got into make-up I thought that I would only get satisfaction from expensive, high-end brands like Mac and Make Up Forever.  Oh such a fool I was.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my NARS blushes and won't do without my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I've come to find that your regular drugstore can also carry amazing products for 1/2, if not a quarter of the price!!

Anyway, I picked up the Maybelline Super Stay 24HR Concelear in Ivory (yes, I'm always the palest one.. I'm an NC15 for crying out loud..)  I was really excited to try it because it's a liquid concealer and for the past year and a half I've been using a cream, which gets a bit tacky and well, I was just glad to switch.  Unfortunately my high expectations failed me.  I tried to take a picture of how it looked on my skin, but it it didn't show well so I'll just tell you - my undereyes looked like snake skin.  I put 3 dabs under each eye and blended it with my ring finger (apparently that's your weakest finger and applies the littlest amount of pressure so it doesn't stretch out your skin - good to know, huh?).  As I was blending, it immediately started to dry and crack.  If anything, it makes my fine lines even MORE noticeable, instead of concealing.. which is the point of a concealer... right???  I then set it with MAC mineralized skin finish thinking that would help, but honestly, it didn't do anything.  Needless to say, I'm taking this back and trying something else.  I heard YSL Touche Eclat is nice..


My Target trip wasn't a complete failure however because I ended up finding a nude shade that actually complimented my pale complexion and didn't wash me out (like most nudes tend to do..)  Look!


This is a combination of a Sonia Kashuk lipliner in "Nude" and Rimmel's moisture renewal lipstick in "Summer Angel".  I love how smooth it goes on and although it's not the longest lasting, it does make your lips feel incredibly moist.



I also bought a Say Yes to Carrots chapstick in "Berry" (mainly because every single chapstick I own has been washed and therefore, destroyed) and a tube of DUO eyelash glue so guess what my next blog will be about?!!??!

Let me know what concealer you guys are enjoying and any other nude lipsticks you recommend!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!  xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment