Monday, April 11, 2011

Favorite Beauty Guru's


I haven't always been hardcore into make-up and beauty products like I am now.  Granted, because I've had bad skin since the age of 12, I am no stranger to cosmetics, but I never had someone to properly TEACH me the basic application process.  Thank god for Youtube, I must say.  This is just a little homage to my favorite Youtube guru's who got me started on this awful obsession that eats at my paycheck every week.  
 
SamanthaSchuerman aka Sam 
 
Sam is probably the sweetest human being I've never met.  She's amazing at her craft and always looks AMAZING!  She recently had a baby and was doing tutorials like, a day after returning from the hospital (no joke).  This woman is hardcore and she absolutely adores her followers.  I've learned so much from her and I hope she never stopped Youtubing.  It would seriously break my heart.  Here is one of my favorite videos from Sam (playboy looks are kind of her speciality) <3!
 

Ahahnbarbie34 aka Hahn
 
I love this chick, not only because she has balls but she has incredible style.  She's this tiny bohemian-chic girl who knows what she likes and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.  She's incredibly down to earth and her videos ROCK!  Some of them don't even include voiceover - just music and her awesomeness.  She does hair and make-up but I especially love her hair tutorials.  They're so creative and sometimes not perfect - but that's okay.  I've learned to just be myself and do what I like doing - not what a guru tells me to do.  Oh, and did I mention she's a Chicago girl like myself?  LOVE!  Here's one of my faves from Hahn:
 

Panacea81 aka Lauren
 
I think most of your are familiar with Lauren, but I do love her still.  Even if her videos aren't as constant as they used to be, I love how she talks to her viewers.  It's like listening to an older sister give you advice on love, life and make-up.  And she's funny.  Who doesn't like a bit of humor whilst applying make-up? I also appreciate how much time she takes to explain techniques and tips.  Lauren has an amazing range of looks and this is just one of them for your enjoyment:

 
TheStyleDiet aka Anna
 
Again, another guru loved by all, but she is so cute and I have learned something different from every single one of her videos.  Because of her expertise, my wardrobe is slowly revamping to actually fit my body shape, instead of just the trendy styles at the moment.  I learned that my body is not cut out for skinny jeans and that large belts don't flatter me... obviously I need a lot of help in the fashion department.  She also does great make-up and hair tutorials and has a very detailed video on how to find your undertone (apparently I'm warm, not cool) - sound interesting??  Check her out!!

 
Last but certainly not least,

gossmakeupartist aka Wayne
 
He is exceptional at what he does and that's really all I can say about him.  He's flawless to me and I love everything about him.  His videos are short, to the point, and he's 100% honest.  He also bestows wisdom and advice on stuff you would never even think about.  He does his research and wants everyone else to know the truth about make-up and the companies we're spending billions of dollars on every year!!!  Plus he's not bad to look at either ;)  Here's one of my faves from Wayne:


I hope you guys check them out if you aren't familiar already.  I honestly wouldn't have listed them if I didn't truly enjoy everything these ladies (and gentleman) produce.  Please let me know if there's anyone you are loving and I will most certainly check them out!!  Thanks for stopping by!!   xoxoxxoxoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I will definitely be checking out the ones I don't already watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love most of the ones you mentioned too. If you haven't already I suggest you also watch Lisa Eldridge (lisaeldridgedotcom), Pixiwoo (pixiwoo) and Emily Noel (emilynoel83) as they are some of my personal favorites :)

    ReplyDelete