Monday, April 4, 2011

It's so Lush it is!

Hiya!  I hope everyone is easing into their week nicely.  It's pretty hectic at work here, but I really want to stick to my "blog every other day" goal, so here it is!  I wanted to write about a product which I'm very new to, but some of you may not be, which is Lush.  For awhile I thought this was only a UK brand, but low and behold, it's here in L.A.!!  For those of you unfamiliar, it's a really popular bath & body store that sells all handmade products.  They have anything from shampoos to bath bombs to face masks and everything smells DELICIOUS!

So this was the first product I used - The Stepping Stone foot scrub ($3.95), mainly because I had been walking around the Santa Monica promenade all day and needed a good foot rub.  It's very nice smelling (citrus-y!), but melts SUPER fast.  So lesson learned folks - with all Lush bombs, scrubs, exfoliators, etc. - cut them up into pieces before exposing them to water!!!  Or else they'll just melt away in a few seconds and there goes $5 wasted on a one-time use. 

Stepping Stone - mainly cocoa butter & lemongrass oil - smells so good!

I also picked up a couple massage bars - Each Peach (with cocoa, shea, avocado and mango butter) and Strawberry Feels Forever.  Each were a bit pricey ($9.95 each...) but when you buy 2 you get a free tin.  They are supposed to be multi-purpose bars as they will soothe sore muscles, moisturize your skin and also waken your senses.  So far I've used the Each Peach bar and I like it, although you MUST rub it in with your hands after you are done massaging it onto your skin.  It won't disolve or absorb like a regular moisturizer. 
Strawberry Feels Forever

Each Peach (plus the free tin)

And of course, you can't go to Lush without buying some BATH BOMBS!  So I picked up 3 - Sex Bomb (apparently it's their most popular), Avobath, and Think Pink.  I've used Think Pink and it's SO cute because not only does it turn your bath water pink, but it leaves reminents of little pink hearts which look like flower petals!  So you will have a pretty bath and have incredibly smooth skin once you are finished.
Sex Bomb ($6.45)

Avobath ($6.25)
Think Pink ($3.95)

This is what my bath looked like using Think Pink!


I promise I'm almost done!  The last product I used was the Sugar Babe Sugar Scrub which smells of flowers and honey and you use it as an exfoliator in the shower.  Obviously being made out of mostly sugar, it melts SUPER fast and unfortunaetly it irritated my skin sooo much.  Afterwards, my skin was dry and itchy for about 2 days, but it may just be my sensitive skin.  I don't know.  All I know is, I will not be re-purchasing.  Too bad  :(

Sugar Babe Sugar Scrub ($4.95)


Next time I go back, I really want to try out their face masks and shampoo bars (I know that sounds weird, so we'll see if it's worth the hype).  I hope this was of interest to you and please let me know what you've been loving at LUSH!! 

7 comments:

  1. That bath tub sure was pink!
    Great post!
    I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
    Hope you can hop by and follow me?

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUSH is gorgeous - you have to try the jelly shower gels - they come in a wee box and look like you have been served up jelly! they smell yummy too!!

    All the soaps are fab - i just walk in the shop for a sniff!!! caramel soap.....yummmm...... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - thanks for reading! I love good deals so consider me following :)

    Na - I'll definitely have to pick up a shower gel next time! Although I'm not sure how much Ad will like that in our shower, but whatever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally off topic but just discovered your blog and love it :)

    Re Lush - I'm addicted to their bath bombs and soaps. Yum :P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Miss A! Just took a peak at yours too and it's fab!!! I'm so sad we no longer have Soap & Glory over here :( Your blog makes me really jealous I don't live in the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, didn't know you don't have S&G in The States! Their products really are outstanding. And smell amazing.
    I'm sad too - there are so many things I'd like from the US (that we don't have over here) and I can't find them anywhere online... Boo hoo.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw, chick, could you email me? Need advice (re make up stuff) from someone in America :)
    Would appreciate it so-so much if you could email me (boudoir8@gmail.com) :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete