Thursday, April 7, 2011

My "Office" Look

Hi loves!!  For those of you who work in an office every day like me, I wanted to show you what my day-to-day make-up look consisted of.  I change it up from time to time, but I mainly stick with something professional and "officey", if you will.  I won't show you how I do my face, but I'll list the products I use to get started:


NARS Primer with SPF 20
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Physician's Formula Powder Finish Concealer Stick in "Cover Green"
Bobbi Brown skin foundation in "Porcelain" mixed with MAC's Mineralized Foundation in NC15
Bobbi Brown creamy concealer in "Ivory"
ELF Golden Bronzer
NARS cream blush stick in "South Beach"
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in "Light"


Alright, so once I have my face on, time to start with eyes!  I begin by applying Benefit's creasless cream shadow in "Birthday Suit" all over the lid.  I like using this for the office because it has a nice shimmer to it which makes eyes look soft and awake.  If you go a bit too heavy on the shimmer or glitter, then it starts to look inappropriate and distracting.  This is what it looks like - 



So after I pat it on with a flat brush, I take a fluffy brush and add Jemma Kidd's Eye Colour in Number 05 "Editor" to the crease.  This is a slightly darker shade of brown with again, a touch of shimmer.




That's the extent to my eye color.  I am NOT a morning person, so the less time-consuming, the better.  Then I add a bit of highlighting to make my eyes look even more awake (again.. not a morning person).  So I take my ELF Eyeliner and Shadowstick (it's a duel stick) and use the eyeliner end in "Pearl" to line my waterline.  I also apply the shade "Virgin" from the Naked Palette to highlight my brow and inner corner of my eye.  See how much more awake that makes the eye!


Then I use either a brown eyeliner or brown eyeshadow.  If you want a softer look, go for an eyeshadow so you can smudge it out a bit.  I used "Darkhorse" from my Naked Palette and this is what it looks like - 


Or if you prefer eyeliner, I use MAC's Eye Kohl in Teddy.  I also really like Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in their dark brown color, but I recently finished it!  Anyway, this is what the Kohl pencil looks like - 


And here's the final look with Black-Brown mascara!


Then I normally just apply some sort of chapstick or clear lipgloss, but on those days I want to impress, I reach for either a light brown lipgloss or Rimmel's "Summer Angel" (which is what I'm wearing now!)  I hope you guys enjoy this really simple look (excuse the semi-wet hair)  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo 

3 comments:

  1. I'm always really interested in posts like this because let's face it- we spend more time needing day to day make up than we do brights. You look great! Mine is very similar to this a lot of the time, but sometimes I will literally just wear liquid eyeliner and mascara on my eyes with a bright lippie for a change xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute FOTD especially loving the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow. I only have the one in Sippin and Dippin but will certainly try to get this one. The color looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz - I do that sometimes too! Just completely skip the shadow and go straight for the eyeliner/mascara combo. Anything that makes me look more alert in the morning, the better ;)

    Charlene - thank you!! I looove Benefit's cream shadows! They're so easy to work with. I don't have Sippin N Dippin, but it always looks so pretty, so maybe that'll be my next purchase!

    ReplyDelete