Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Night Ritual

Hi everyone!  So now that I've been blogging for almost a month, I've decided to try and make a couple posts consistent.  My first one is going to be my "Sunday Night Ritual" which you will see every Sunday from here on out.   And if you don't like it, please tell me and I'll try something different!  


I think we all have a Sunday night ritual in a way.  It just helps us unwind and prepare for the week ahead.  Whether it's having a glass of wine and chilling in front of the TV or taking a long bath, we all have some sort of "ritual" and I am going to share mine each week.  However, it will always change since I'm constantly trying new products and doing different things.  


This time my Sunday consisted of taking a looooonnnggg walk around my neighborhood with my love.  First stop - Sephora (obviously) where I picked up some goodies for a fellow blogger ;)  Second stop - Ice cream.  Third stop - Urban Outfitters where I found this little number:

It's so nice and lightweight for summer ($48 I think)

After the lovely walk and shop, we came home and played some Kirby's Epic Yarn (probably the cutest Wii game ever), until I decided to try out a couple new products!  First one being the Pangea Organics Facial Scrub - 


This is just a sample I got in last month's Birchbox (I will do a whole blog on Birchbox for those who are unfamiliar, but basically it's a $10 monthly subscription for samples of luxury beauty products - I love it - www.birchbox.com).  However, I did not love this Facial Scrub.  I'm not familiar with Pangea Organics, but I do like the idea of organic skin care so I was really hoping for the best.  I used the entire sample pack, which was about a quarter-size, and it was pretty effective in regards to exfoliating.  I could feel the raw adzuki beans gently rubbing off the dead skin and left my face feeling pretty smooth, however I absolutely could not stand the smell!!  It honestly smelled like cat food with a bit of lemon.  It's hard to explain, but I had to rinse it off pretty quickly.  I'm fairly sensitive when it comes to smells, so I definitely will not be purchasing this.  I looked on the website and for 3.8 fl oz it's $32.  Not worth it, but if you are big into organic skin care I think you may be interested in the brand -  www.pangeaorganics.com

After exfoliating, I decided to try a Pomega5 Revitalizing Concentrate caplet.  I've never used concentrate before and honestly, I wasn't quite sure what it was, but what the hey?  So I broke one of these babies open and omgggg...


I am falling more and more in love with this brand thanks again, to Birchbox.  They introduced me to their Green Tea Moisturizer a couple months ago and absolutely fell in love with it.  It has a wonderful citrusy smell and it just sinks in making my skin feel like silk.


I'm almost out of my Birchbox sample, so I definitely will need to re-purchase soon.  But back to the concentrate - it's a bit oily at first, but after about 30 minutes, it eventually absorbs.  Apparently each capsule contains over 60% of Omega 5 which is a Pomegranate oil and is supposed to deliver nutrients and restore life back to dull skin.  You are to apply these twice daily after cleansing and toning, then apply moisturizer after the concentrate has absorbed.  Since this is the first time using this product, I haven't seen any results yet, but I LOVE the smell (citrusy - just like the green tea moisturizer) and I like the way it makes my skin feel.  I am going to continue using my sample until it runs out and will let you know how my skin has reacted.  If you are interested in Pomega5, check out their website - www.pomega5.com - I know they're a bit pricey, but so far I would say totally worth it.

Other than that, I have a couple loads of laundry that need to come out of the dryer and I will probably spend the rest of the evening chilling in front of the TV with my boo.  I hope you all are having (or have had) a nice Sunday evening and let me know what rituals you love doing on Sundays!!  Thanks for reading!!  xoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. That Birchbox thing sound great - why do we not have it in the UK? Ho hum :)

    My Sundays are usually spent lazing around, eating lots of junk food (the only day of the week when I eat 'bad' food), watching TV, cuddling with my guy, walking in the park (that's right outside my house)..
    Boring but so-so nice and relazing :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that dress is sooo gorgeous!!! Lovely post hun! Great idea!xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aivi - I love relaxing Sundays. I normally spend the first half doing chores and then the 2nd half pampering myself, lol. I hate it when I have plans on a Sunday... throws my week all out of whack! And yes, I'm sorry about Birchbox not being available in the UK :( I'll write to them requesting to expand their market for ya!

    ArtDonatella - thank you!!! I just hope I don't run out of ideas after the 2nd posting! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Sunday Ritual post idea, look forward to reading more. This sounds like a great Sunday. I spent mine chilling in the sun with Mike and Phil who was visiting. It was lovely to sit around, in a sundress, in the park, in April but a bit odd at the same time.

    ReplyDelete